Digital Opportunity Trust Rwanda
Call for Applications
Internship opportunity for Rwandan Graduates 21- 35 years, who are determined to develop their career whilst giving back to their community.
Digital Opportunity Trust is an innovator in enabling people to access and apply information and communications technologies (ICT) to create education, economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. DOT's vision is to make these opportunities available to marginalized people, especially women and youth, as a strategy to eradicate poverty, vulnerability and gender inequality. DOT is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with operations in 12 different countries, Rwanda being one of them.
DOT Rwanda is now recruiting university & college graduates who are enthusiastic about change, passionate about developing their communities and who love technology. This internship is a 9 months placement in your community where you will deliver DOT's foundation economic program, ReachUp!.
This deployment is a fulltime commitment over which you will receive a monthly stipend, transportation and communication. Before the placement, there will be four weeks of intensive online and face to face training. At the end of every month, the interns benefit from additional training and a mentoring program where you will get to interact with and learn from successful personalities.
After completion of the internship you will have:
- Become more professionally responsible, accountable and productive;
- Acquired skills that employers are looking for in their prospective employees;
- Proficiency with ICT and experience using technology for educational, social and economic development.
- Discovered the many opportunities in entrepreneurship and/or the career path you want to pursue.
- Be a university or college graduate.
- Computer literacy
- Be aged between 21 and 35 years
- Passion for serving local communities
DOT is looking for graduates currently residing in the following locations:
- Eastern Province: Nyagatare, Gatsibo, Kirehe, Rwamagana, Ngoma, Kayonza, Bugesera.
- Northern Province: Gicumbi, Gakenke, Burera, Rurindo, Musanze, Gakenke.
- Southern Province: Muhanga, Ruhango, Kamonyi, Huye, Gisagara, Nyaruguru, Nyamagabe, Nyanza.
- Western Province: Rutsiro, Karongi, Karongi, Nyabihu, Rutsiro, Rubavu, Ngororero.
- Kigali: Nyarugenge, Kicukiro, Gasabo.
Please clearly indicate your current residence in your application.
How to apply
Are you ready to put what you have learnt into practice and acquire skills and experience much sought out by today's employers while giving back to your community? To apply, fill in the application form below and attach your curriculum vitae.
You may also download the form here, complete it, and email it to email@example.com with your resume or curriculum vitae by the submission deadline. Kindly indicate your current residence in your application.
Deadline for submissions is June 8th 2012.